Industrial Instrumentation, Industrial Process Control,
Systems & Control, DCS, SCADA, Power Plant, Railways transportation, Refinery Automation. Green Energy technologies, Mechatronics Industry 4.0
i) Executed more than 30+ Power plant Brown/ Green field C&I projects
ii) Executed the First Railway transportation SSI (Kyosan Japan) in Western Railway.
iii) Executed India's first NTPC Singrauli -SSTPS Data Acquisition System(5 x 210 MW),
iv) Executed India's first Make in India Real time Software with ECIL, Hyderabad and DEC, USA Hardware platform and Instrumentation/ Data Acquistion System at OBRA TPS.(5 x 200/210 MW) Uttar Pradesh State Electricity Board, Lucknow.
v) Executed before project time schedule several Brown field Thermal Power Station projects of capacities 60/ 110/ 210 MW in State Electricity Boards changing from Analog Instrumentation to Digital Control Systems..
vi) Installation of first SSI systems (Kyosan-Japan ) in Vadodara section, replacing the Relay based technology with Dual redundant computer controls for Rail movement on Ratlam - Mumbai main route as a pilot project for future implementation of similar syatems in Indian Railways.
vi) Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship awarded by Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD, ES 4 Section, Delhi (1987-90) for pursuing M.Engg at McGill University under Canadian Government Scholarship plan.
vii) Recepient of Certificate of Appreciation from CMD, Instrumentation Ltd, on 26th January 2016
Research conducted at two premier leading Research Institutes in Energy and Pulp/ Paper Industries in Canada
a) AI- Expert Systems for Power Transformers Maintenance forecasting; at Institute de Research de Hydro Quebec (IREQ) (1989-90)
b) Adaptive Control of Chip Refiner units in Paper Mills.(PAPRICAN)(1988-89)
0. Co author for a book, Fundamentals of Industrial Control , Chapter 1 on SENSORS , 1992, published by Instrument Society of America. USA.
1. “An Approach to a Knowledge Based Diagnostic System for Power Equipment Maintenance”. Paper presented at International Conference in Power Systems Technology, October 18-21, 1994, Beijing, China.
2. “An Expert System Approach to Power Transformer Maintenance”. Paper presented at CEA conference, March 1992, Vancouver, Canada. Paper published by the Canadian Electricity Forum in The Electricity Today, April’ 92, vol. 4, no 4 pages 28-31.
3. Co-author for a chapter on “SENSORS”, published by Instrument Society of America(ISA), A part of Practical Guide Series in Instrumentation and Control (1990-91). #
4. “Level 5, V 2.2 , Realisation of Power Transformer Maintenance Diagnostic Expert System”, ( Institute de Researche de Hydro Quebec); IREQ Report, June 1991, Varennes, Canada.@
5. “An Ageing Model Approach to Power Transformer Maintenance Forecasting”. Paper published at International Conference of Instrumentation Measurement & Control, January 1991, Singapore. @
6. “Adaptive Control using a Dahlin Controller with Application to Wood Chip Refining”. Paper presented at the International conference of Adaptive Control and Signal processing, IASTED, October 1990, New York, USA.*
7. “Analysis and Design of the Dahlin Regulator with Application in Chip Refiner Control” using ACSL and MATLAB simulation software, April 1989.
8. “An Industrial Based Programmable Controller using Intel 8080 Microcomputing System”. Thesis submitted for fulfilment of M.Tech degree, IIT Kharagpur, July 1980.
@ Research was carried out at the IREQ, HYDRO QUEBEC, Varennes Canada.
# With Volume editors Dr. Paul Murill; ISA HQ.,USA, Mr. Don Coggan, Mr. Charles Albert of ISA Montreal.
* Research was carried out at the Pulp and Paper Research Institute of Canada(PAPRICAN), Government of Canada.
Mentored students at Diploma and Degree level on final year projects
1. TROMBAY Data Acquisition System., Tata Electric Power Co.( TCE, Bangalore)
Training on 500 MW DAS data base, Concepts, features of DAS, Engineering association.
2. OBRA Data Acquisition System & C&I Units 9 through 13; 5*210 MW.- (UPSEB, Obra ); 2*50MW
Design, Engineering, modifications, Data Sheets for Analog, Binary, Pulse data, Cable Schedule, Design of Relay panel for contact multiplication, modification of exixting instrumentation on Unit Control Board panels for looping of Electrcal transducers, DAS Indicators, Recorders, Design of Resistance to voltage converter panels, Operator console panels.
Execution on turn key basis of Major Renovation and Modernization of control and instrumentation jobs of 2x50 MW power plants at OBRA Thermal Power Plant STAGE I.
3. SINGRAULI Data Acquisition System.- 5*200 MW, (NTPC, Shakti Nagar)
Post commissioning activities, conducting trial run, P G tests of W2500 DAS, Westinghouse , USA.
4. KRIBHCO Data Logger.-Krishak Bharati Coop. Fertiliser Co. 2 Units of Urea Stream ( Surat)
Associated in manufacturing, panel testing of DAS and DTI equipment at Kent Teighi Spa. Italy Installation and Commissioning, Warranty Support of DAS .
5. KOTA Thermal Power Station, 1 *210 MW unit 5- (RSEB, Kota); 2 *210 MW (RVUNL, Jaipur)
Design and Engineering of Unit Control Board, finalization of DDC architecture based on H&B Germany C3I, Data base generation for signals to Performance calculation and optimization package, commissioning of the same.
Head of R&M project at KOTA TPS, from Sept –Dec 2014 units 3&4 2*210 MW. Record accomplishment , Unit synchronised at 210 MW before 8 days of project schedule. This was a Changeover from Analog instrumentation of H&B make C3 systems to Invensys make DCS, field instrumentation and cabling
6. KUTCH Lignite Thermal Power Station, 1*70 MW, Unit 3 – (GEB, Baroda)
Design and Engineering of Annunciation system, Flue Gas and Steam Water Analysis System, UPS, Conductivity and Oxygen Analyser.
Overhauling of IL Palaghat Control Valves with L&T, Baroda for Unit 1*70 MW
7.DHUVARAN Power Station, (GSECL, Baroda/ Dhuvaran)
Design and Engineering, Installation and commissioning of of Vibration , TSI systems from (Entek IRD), Drum level indicators( Hydra step for 4 units), Repair and overhauling of valves.
8. UKAI Thermal Power station. Unit 3,4,5. – ( GSECL, Baroda)
Erection and Commissioning of field instrumentation, panel modification with new instrumentation- Siemens make DCS , final devices i.e electrical actuators, power cylinders Annunciation , SER and DCS systems under Renovation and Modernisation program.
9.Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL, Mumbai)
Erection and Commissioning of SCADA (PLC based) and related field signals from transmitters, Viscosity meters, Mass Flow meters, Optical Fibre network ( 14 Kms) within Mumbai connecting three plant locations at Wadi, Sewree and Refinery for LOBS project.
10. PARLI Thermal Power Station 1 * 210 MW, Unit 3, (MAHAGENCO, Mumbai.
Erection and Commissioning of field instrumentation, panel modification with new instrumentation, final devices i.e electrical actuators, power cylinders Annunciation , SER and HFC, USA (Doosan, Korea make) DCS systems under Renovation and Modernisation program.
11. PATRATU Thermal Power Plant Jharkhand Pradesh State Electricity Corporation Ltd.
Execution on turn key basis of Major Renovation and Modernization of control and instrumentation jobs of 1x60 MW power plant based on ABB make DCS and ABB make electrical system.
12. ADANI POWER LTD, 4 X 330 MW, Ahmedabad/ Mundra
Erection of Impulse piping jobs at ADANI POWER Ltd., Gujarat for SWAS and DOSING systems., Commissioning support for 2 x 330 MW C&I system.
13. Western Railway Signalling Department, Baroda
Installation and commissioning of Solid State Interlocking (SSI), KYOSAN Japan make, Signaling jobs of eight number railway stations at Baroda - Godhra section and RRI system at Varnama Station.
14. Coordination for Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, Rajasthan, Punjab, Chattisgarh State Electricity Boards, and NTPC Singrauli, NTPC Uncahaar, Korba, Tanda for IL Palghat Control valves, Power cylinders and spares.
15. PARICHHA Thermal Power Station, 1*110 MW (UPRVUNL, Lucknow)
Erection and Commissioning of field instrumentation, panel modification with new instrumentation- Metso make DCS , final devices i.e electrical actuators, power cylinders Annunciation, cabling, Electrical switchgear under Renovation and Modernisation program.
1. Research Practical training at Pulp and Paper Research Institute of Canada (PAPRICAN) and Institute de Research de Hydro –Quebec (IREQ), Canada. (1989-1991).
2. Trained at Kent Tieghi Spa, Italy, for Distributed Control System for KRIBHCO Fertiliser unit.(Urea plant. July 1984)
3. Trained at Digital Equipment Corporation, Boston, USA for Data Acquisition Systems of OBRA TPS on PDP 11/34/44 series.(April 1982)